WPML is one of the most popular WordPress multilingual plugin. It comes with a powerful translation management system that allows you to translate content, themes, plugins, and more.
Requirements to translate a plugin using WPML
- WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin)
- String translation (WPML Module)
Translate texts in admin screens
Texts in admin screens are the texts that come dynamically from the WordPress options table. Our all plugins support wpml-config.xml file to manage the admin options translations.
Follow the following steps to translate texts in admin screens:
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Now, mouse over the WPML menu item then clicks on the String Translation (Make sure String Translation is installed and activated)
- Enter the part of the string or full string that you want to translate in the Search for input box.
- Click the Search button.
- Find the translation that you want to translate from the search results and then click on the translations link.
- Enter the translated string in the relevant textarea. Like in the example, we are translating English to French.
- Click on the Translation is complete checkbox.
- At last, click on the Save button to save the translation.
Important: Make sure you enabled the WPML > Languages > Language filtering for AJAX operations option else, translation in AJAX output will not work.